SafetyWing Insurance – Nomad Insurance including COVID-19 Cover
With many travel insurance companies not covering pandemics, a lot of travellers have concerns about going abroad during COVID-19. However, some companies are offering comprehensive cover for COVID-19. SafetyWing Insurance has fast become a popular provider.
Yes, that’s right! You CAN Get travel insurance which covers you in the event you get COVID-19. SafetyWing Insurance offer both Nomad Insurance and Remote Health policies, both of which include this.
So, you’re already working online, enjoying the freedom of being location independent? Working from home is awesome in itself, but why limit yourself? Whilst many have put travel plans on hold during the pandemic, you’ll find plenty of options available if you choose to spread your wings.
Why Choose SafetyWing Nomad Insurance?
- This travel medical insurance starts from an affordable $40.04 for 4 weeks for 10-39 year olds. Check out SafetyWing’s Pricing Page for more details and other age ranges.
- Peace of mind. Although the company is fairly new in the insurance world, their insurance is backed by Tokio Marine, a major global insurer. Their TrustPilot ratings are also reassuring. As I check now, I see an average review score of 4.2 stars, from 165 reviews. Not too shabby.
- SafetyWing’s Nomad Insurance will cover you for long trips abroad. Ideal if you’re working and travelling, unsure when you’ll return to your home country. This is well-suited to travelling teachers and digital nomads in general.
- Already travelling? No problem. Although many travel insurance companies won’t insure you if you’ve already left home, SafetyWing Insurance are happy to accommodate!
- Additionally, a trip end date is not required. You can simply set up a recurring payment to cover you for as long as you want and need. So if you’re looking for digital nomad health insurance, this could be ideal for you.
- Cover for COVID-19. SafetyWing say “Coverage works the same as any other illness as long as it was not contracted before your coverage start date, and does not fall under any other policy exclusion or limitation”. See their FAQs page for further details.
- Limited coverage whilst visiting your home country. “For every 90 days, you are covered for up to 30 days in your home country (15 days if your home country is the US), for unforeseen eligible medical conditions” say SafetyWing. Again, see their FAQs page for further details.
To find out more details of What’s Covered, click here.
You call also view the Full Policy Details here.
What You Should Know About SafetyWing Nomad Insurance
- There’s an excess / deductible of $250 per certificate period if you claim.
- You’ll be covered up to a maximum limit of $250k.
- You’re covered for travel everywhere outside of your home country, except Cuba, Iran, Syria, and North Korea.
- Although SafetyWing offer some cover for lost luggage and travel delays, this policy does not offer comprehensive cover for personal belongings. It predominantly gives you travel medical insurance.
Got a Question?
For further details on what you’re covered for, check out the FAQs on SafetyWing’s website.
SafetyWing Remote Health Insurance
If SafetyWing’s Nomad Insurance doesn’t sound like it covers enough to meet your requirements, consider their Remote Health Insurance. This health insurance is much more comprehensive. SafetyWing describes it as “A fully-equipped health insurance made for remote workers and nomads who spend as much time abroad as they please. Full coverage in your home country, and no exclusions for pandemics.”
Note that is cover is considerably more expensive, but covers much more. The length of the policy is one year. Check the Remote Health FAQ for more details.
Summary of SafetyWing Insurance
I hope you’ve found this guide to SafetyWing Insurance useful. Disclaimer: whilst I aim to keep this article accurate and up to date, please do check all the policy details before purchasing. Contact SafetyWing directly with any queries.
In my opinion, SafetyWing Nomad Insurance ticks a lot of important boxes. It’s affordable, it offers cover for COVID-19 and it’s flexible. It doesn’t matter if you’ve already left home or you don’t know when you’re returning. Coupled with its reputation, this makes it very appealing as Digital Nomad Travel Insurance.
Thinking of Teaching Online?
Find out what it’s like to Teach English Online With Palfish!